It's February 3 and I have been really working in my sewing room. I finished a new top. The pattern is Scrap Petal Garden. I still have to do the machine applique but am pleased with the results so far.




I also managed to finish the first block in Marshall, a mystery quilt by Jen Kingwell thru Quiltmania magazine. It was a challenge but that is what I seem to thrive on these days. Wanda and Leigh are doing it also. I talked them into it. Thinking they are not feeling comfortable with the whole thing.



Next weekend starts the Facebook class on the Royal Huntress by Karlee Porter. I bought the background at the sale at All Around The Block this week. Had a great day with Julie, Nancy and Janet. Always fun to go fabric shopping with the girls! Anyway I have to get the back made and the quilt sandwich prepared this week so I can keep up with the class.

Also been working on Urban Owls, a Wendy Williams design. Worked on it at the retreat with the Bumbling Bees last month. We had fun! My first time retreating with some of them and definitely the first time at Sam Houston Hotel.  They do it twice a year. Probably won't make the summer one but will next January. I have a July retreat that will interfere.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog