It's first of March and I'm again getting ready for a retreat. Going to 12 Pines in Huntsville this time. Some of the ladies were at the last retreat but not all. It should be fun.

I have been really working over the last few weeks and feel good about my progress. I'm really close to having Urban Owls completed. My goal is to finish it at retreat. Well finish the piecing. I still have the wool applique to do. That will take some time. I want to applique it then add lots of embroidery around and on top of each of the pieces of wool felt. It's a Wendy Williams design and that's what she does.


I will also put the finishing touches on the Kaffe Mystery for last year. I have the blocks done but saved the assembly for retreat.

Just got back to this entry. I leave today for the retreat. I have added the applique blocks for my Lotus quilt to my project pile. I hope to spend at least one day working on these blocks. I have the quilt star done and the applique blocks glued in place. So hopefully I will get the machine stitching done. Usually I hand applique but decided to do this one on the machine. I would have finished quicker if I had done by hand because I really don't enjoy machine applique.


Comments